Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Buffalo Wild Wings

L and I went here to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I was craving wings in a bad way, perhaps feeling nostalgic for our favorite spot in Utah, Wingers. When we opened the door to the place, my hair was literally blown back by the sound! I don't consider myself to be sensitive to noise, but the hostess was literally yelling, "HOW MANY?" When I saw that the number of tv's outnumbered the booths, I was not thrilled. It's hard enough to get L to talk to me during dinner, much less when there is any form of sports on tv. I normally try to get the seat that blocks the views of as many tv's as possible, but that just wasn't going to happen in this place!

We sat down, and the waitress asked if we would like to play trivia or poker. "Uh..." Was she gonna deal out the cards? I had no idea what she was talking about, and I didn't even know if I heard her correctly, so we declined. (Later on, I saw waitresses handing people electronic games to play while they waiting for their food.)

The menu had so many choices it was hard to know where to start. You start out with your main entree and then choose from like 12 bottles of wing sauce. L went for the classic basket of boneless wings, while I went for the Buffalito Tacos. I was totally hoping this was just like the Wingers Wrap I ordered everytime at Wingers, but alas, it was lacking.

L's boneless wings were quite tasty. He went for a honey bbq sauce, which was not as spicy as they made it sound. But L could drink nail polish remover without tearing up. He also had to order the fries on the side. They weren't even that great!

My Buffalito tacos were a "light" entree, which I wasn't even going for. They were watery, and once I had a taste of L's boneless wings, I gave up on them. The only saving grace was the beer battered onion rings...perfect ratio of batter to onion, very delicious.


Needless to say, I don't think we will be visiting there again. I will give them credit for great customer service, the manager visited our table and got our food out to us pretty quick. Hence, my ratings.

Food:

Price:

Service:

1 comment: